Rice Salad Recipe--Edisto
Heyward McDonald (Barbara Hartt)..
2 boxes Uncle Ben's Original Wild and White Rice (do not use box directions
for water. Instead, use 3 1/3 cups water to cook.)
Otherwise, cook as directed.
While warm, add the following mixture:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 red pepper, chopped (cubed, sort of)
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup currants
- Just before serving add:
- 10 oz package green peas (thawed)
- 1 cup honey roasted nuts (cashew, peanuts)
Notes: to those from Edisto 2004: Mary Ellen quadrupled it to serve the 46 of
us. She used honey roasted peanuts.